Navigation

Friday, July 8, 2016

Amazed and Exhausted - A New Beginning



We have completed our first official week of our NACD neuroplasticity program

This marks not just the beginning of a new therapy method for Emma but a huge leap of faith for our family. 

Are we crazy taking on full responsibility for Emma's development? Is it going to'fix'Emma? What if it doesn't? How on earth are we going to manage such an intensive program with all our other commitments? Can I actually do this? 

So......How was our first week? Amazing....and exhausting.


The amazing bit....


It was amazing watching Emma learn new skills almost instantly. Within 3 days she had mastered most of her receptive language tasks. I discovered she understands a lot more than I realise and when focused and engaged is capable of absorbing lots of new information.

It was also amazing because I finally feel like we've found something that is going to deliver results. I'm feeling amazingly positive!

But I'm also amazingly exhausted......


The exhausting bit....


It was exhausting because her 2 hour program actually takes 3 hours daily to complete. started getting up an hour earlier (which is like torture for me) and then had to wrestle a strong-willed 4 year old who didn't want to do her 'learning'. 

I seem to have met my match in the stubborn department. 

After the first 3 days all I could think was...HELP!!!!!

I knew this was going to be a challenge. It means a change of routine and structure for our family. It requires a huge commitment from me which I need to  juggle with my other commitments. 

But...... I embrace this challenge motivated only by deep love and devotion to this child that God has entrusted to me.

I wouldn't desire this without love. I couldn't do this without love. 

I can't do this without God.   

I'm being honest and admitting I'm exhausted.

I'm certain it will get easier as we all adjust to a new routine and new way of life.


"Never despise the day of small beginnings.......for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin" 

Zechariah 4:10

Be encouraged xo 


3 comments:

  1. Tara, of all the regrets in my life, the only one that really matters is that I wish I had more time with my children to help them develop and be amazing (although I think they already are), but its every parent's desire, but not always the reality. The fact that you care, and are stepping out to help Emma is all that counts. Faith without works .... Every time you work with her you are moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much for your encouragement Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara...God will give you strength day by day as you draw on Him. You simply amaze me. You are incredible, resilient, tenacious, faith and love filled. You are a winner. We love you and your beautiful family and we are with you all the way. God bless you and Emma on your courageous journey of faith and works. These two things are a powerful FORCE....haha excuse the pun :) Love the Osbornes B&N

    ReplyDelete